In order to ensure the quality and reliability of the basic data provided on the securities market, under MiFID II-MiFIR new provisions have been established which apply to the providers of such data and impose on them the requirement of prior authorisation and ongoing monitoring by the competent authorities. IFs or the governing bodies of trading venues may also provide these services on the condition that they meet the requirements laid down in the regulations.
Classification of data service providers:
Data service providers shall be classified as follows, according to the type of service they are authorised to provide.
- Approved Reporting Mechanism ('ARM') to provide the service of reporting transaction details to the competent authorities or to ESMA on behalf of IFs.
- Authorised Publication Agent ('APA') to provide the service of publishing post-trade transparency reports on behalf of IFs.
- Consolidated Tape Provider ('CTP'), authorised to provide the service of gathering reports on post-trade transparency on regulated markets, MTFs, OTFs and APAs and consolidating them into a continuous electronic data flow, providing price and volume information for each financial instrument.
DRSPs authorised by CNMV
- BME Regulatory Services, S.A.U.
- LEI: 959800QN4DV2FYZS9Q98
- DRSP type: APA/ARM
- Authorisation date: 20/12/2017
- CORRETAJE E INFORMACION MONETARIA Y DE DIVISAS S.V. S.A, como organismo rector de CIMD OTF (SOC)
- LEI: 529900MLKOEV3XDRCP63
- DRSP type: APA
- Authorisation date: 19/12/2019
How we can help
Entities that wish to develop these activities in Spain or are registered in another Member State and are interested in providing their services in Spain, can contact CNMV for further information and details:
- Gather information on matters related to the regulations applicable to their company and registration requirements.
- Gather information on connectivity, security, tests and other technical aspects of the files to be submitted.
CNMV provides a mailbox for consultations: email@example.com